Irish Centres: Dublin City University (DCU)
Dublin City University
DCU is one of Ireland’s youngest universities gaining official recognition in 1989. It was originally seen as an unconventional university by introducing ideas that challenged the norm in Ireland but have since contributed to its success.
The complex consists of a 25m deck level pool, three basketball court sports hall and several other studios for a variety of activities.
DCU offers apartment-style accommodation with single and twin en-suite rooms and one common living room/kitchen area per apartment. This purpose-built accommodation is well-furnished and maintained to a high standard. These residences are both on-site or just three minutes’ walk from the campus.
- On-site apartment-style accommodation
- Twin room en-suite
- Shared living, kitchen area in each apartment
On-site convenience store
Large park adjacent to campus
DCU is just 15 minutes from Dublin city centre
Dublin airport is just 15 minutes’ drive from the campus
Local buses stop nearby
15 hours per week
Maximum 15 students
Dublin Airport/30 mins by coach
Orientation Tour, Traditional Sports, Walking Tours, Art & Crafts Work shops, Conversation club, Disco, Talent Show & Museums/Gallery Visits
FD to Glendalough & Bray / Kilkenny
MLI Wrist Bands, Student Handbooks, Risk Assessments, Road Safety Cards, First Aid trained staff, dedicated welfare office & 24 hour care
What’s it like to study at MLI
- Warm and friendly staff who have been trained to look after you the MLI way
- Students will have a placements on the first morning to decided which class they attend.
- You will have the chance to mix with international students
- Specially designed activity programme to make sure you have fun, and experience local culture.
- There is a end of course graduation ceremony when students will receive their certificates
A Typical Day at MLI
- 08.00-09.00: Breakfast
- 09.00- 10.30: Lesson 1
- 10.30- 11.00: Break time
- 11.00-12.30: Lesson 2
- 12.30-14.00: Lunch time
- 14.00-17.30: Afternoon Activity
- 17.30:19.00: Free time
- 19.00-20.00: Evening Meal
- 20.30-22.00:Evening activity
- 22.30: Lights out