Centre Manager (CM)
The Centre Manager is responsible for the smooth running of all aspects of the centre, establishing procedures and solving problems quickly and efficiently. This is a residential position and duties will include supervising students in their residences.
The CM must be aware of everything that is happening at the centre and keep communication channels to Head Office open. The Centre Managers role is a position of responsibility, you will be monitoring all aspects of the programme, accommodation, food and student welfare. This position requires enthusiasm, management skills, problem solving and leading a team.
Attendance at management training days are essential.
The role of a CM incorporates the following:
- Overall management of the centre to ensure that a high-quality programme is delivered, following our guidelines closely
- Overseeing the Director of Studies and Activity Co-ordinator/Senior Leader to ensure effective management of all staff
- Maintaining a professional relationship with staff, clients and centre staff
- Ensuring the safety and welfare of all students
- Focus on providing a quality service and customer satisfaction
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
At all times whilst on duty, the CM is responsible for the care, welfare and safety of students
- Lead and participate in the Staff Induction Day on site, usually two or three days prior
to the students’ arrival
- Ensure that the organisation of the centre, courses and welfare of staff and students,
comply with accreditation and quality bodies guidelines. (Documents available on
- Establish and maintain clear lines of management and effective procedure, and work
closely with your Team to achieve this.
- Manage the provision of good customer service according to customer needs of our
client. Represent MLI positively in all conversations with clients, staff, and the host
- Control expenditure of the budget and maintain accurate accounts.
- Liaison with host school regarding catering issues, use of areas within the school,
booking of facilities, damage, and any other issues related to the hire and use of the
- Ensuring that sufficient transport has been arranged for airport transfers.
- Dealing with enquiries from group leaders, parents, agents, students, and staff.
- Write an end of centre report to be submitted to HO within five days after the closing
of the centre.
- Close the centre, pack and return all MLI stock and unspent centre monies accordingly.
- Ensure that all MLI Health & Safety policies are implemented and monitored.
- The centre office is functioning and secure at all times.
- Create a positive team atmosphere and motivate the staff effectively.
- Accurate data on staff is maintained according to the CM manual.
- Resolve any staff problems and complaints.
- Liaison with Head Office accounts on payroll matters.
- As part of your end report include a personnel evaluation on each MLI team member.
- Monitor staff/student safety and welfare
- Carry out night time duties on a rota basis.
- Allocate and monitor all residential accommodation with the assistance of your team.
- Ensure that sufficient members of staff are allocated in each house to maintain a rota of student supervision.
- Monitor all non-residential students and check that their transport is operating effectively (if applicable).
- Be up-to-date on all welfare information given to host families and English and /or Irish welfare guidelines, especially for juniors.
- Must be fully aware of all published emergency procedures in case of fire, accident etc.
- Ensure fire drills are held in co-operation with your centre during the summer.
- Ensure that students and staff all follow the rules about smoking, alcohol and illegal drugs according to MLI Induction and Training Manual.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent management experience
- Effective management skills
- Proven competence in leadership
- Experience in controlling budgets
- Effective communicator
- Enjoy working with children and teenagers from different cultures
- Able to adapt quickly to change
- Smart personal appearance
- Proven competence in administration
- Computer literate
- Previous experience of managing a summer centre
- Experience of working with children
- Previous residential experience
- Relevant qualification e.g. sports coaching or drama
MLI INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER